Spring Clean Your Skincare Routine: A Fresh Start for Healthy, Glowing Skin

Spring Clean Your Skincare Routine: A Fresh Start for Healthy, Glowing Skin

As winter fades away and the days grow longer, spring emerges with its vibrant colours and revitalizing energy. It's the perfect time to bid farewell to heavy skincare routines and welcome a lighter, more refreshing approach. Just as you declutter your living space during spring cleaning, your skincare routine deserves a similar refresh. We'll guide you through the steps to spring clean your skincare routine, helping you achieve healthy, glowing skin for the season and beyond.


Assess Your Current Routine

Begin your skincare spring clean by assessing your current routine. Take a close look at the products you're using and ask yourself if they are still suitable for the changing weather. Products that served you well during the harsh winter months may now be too heavy for the warmer days of spring.


Declutter and Organize

Much like cleaning out your closet, declutter your skincare products. Dispose of any expired or unused items. This not only makes your skincare routine more efficient but also prevents the use of expired products that may harm or cause irritation to your skin. Organize your remaining products neatly for easy access.


Re-evaluate Your Skin Type

Your skin's needs can change with the seasons. With the arrival of spring, you may notice shifts in your skin type, such as increased oiliness or sensitivity. Re-evaluate your skin type to choose products that suit your current needs. Consult with a dermatologist if you're unsure.


Lighten Up on Moisturizer

During the colder months, you might have relied on rich, heavy moisturizers to combat dryness. In spring, switch to a lighter, hydrating formula to keep your skin nourished without feeling greasy.


Upgrade Sunscreen Protection

As the sun becomes stronger, sunscreen becomes even more important. Ensure you're using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher daily. Reapply every two hours, especially if you spend time outdoors.


Add Antioxidants

Spring is the perfect time to introduce antioxidants into your routine. Products containing vitamin C, for example, can protect your skin from UV damage and boost collagen production, leaving your skin looking fresh and youthful. This is the perfect time to add a skin specific ingestible supplement that works hand in hand with your topical skincare routine. Skin Radiance is the perfect addition, as it combats and prevents pigmentation at a cellular level while boosting your skin internally with potent antioxidants which prevent free radicals, which cause cell damage and premature ageing.


Exfoliate Gently

Gently exfoliating your skin helps remove dead cells, revealing a brighter complexion. Opt for chemical exfoliants like alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) or beta hydroxy acids (BHAs) to avoid the abrasiveness of physical scrubs.


Hydrate from Within

Don't forget that hydration starts from the inside. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin plump and healthy. Herbal teas and infused water can be refreshing choices. Add a dose of Oceanglo marine collagen, clinically proven to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, increase skin firmness and enhance skin elasticity.


Embrace a Minimalist- bidirectional Approach

Simplicity can be key to a successful skincare routine. Avoid overloading your skin with too many products, as this can lead to irritation. Focus on the essentials and be sure to take a bidirectional skincare approach. Topical skincare has the ability to reach 3% of the dermis ,whilst ingestible beauty products target the other 97% of the skin.


Spring cleaning your skincare routine is a refreshing way to welcome the season and rejuvenate your skin. By reassessing your products, decluttering your collection, and tailoring your routine to your skin's changing needs, you can achieve healthy, glowing skin that's ready to embrace the beauty of spring. So, let go of the winter skincare blues and start this season with a fresh, radiant complexion. Your skin will thank you!